What are your thoughts about beta?
08-05-2010, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2010 02:30 PM by Ravel.)
What are your thoughts about beta?
In the hope to see some activity on this forum again, I thought let's ask about the hottest topic of the moment. Supposing you all listened to the podcast what are your thoughts?
Personally I share the concern about that remark that there will be an European beta. What might that mean for the beta they will be organising in NA. Will it be international or US only?

[Image: riftzonebanner.png]
08-05-2010, 02:35 PM
RE: What are you thought about beta?
(08-05-2010 02:23 PM)Ravel Wrote:  In the hope to see some activity on this forum again, I thought let's ask about the hottest topic of the moment. Supposing you all listened to the podcast what are your thoughts?
Personally I share the concern about that remark that there will be an European beta. What might that mean for the beta they will be organising in NA. Will it be international or US only?

First, i'm wondering if Beta will be a 24/7 thing or will it go the same route as other betas recently and have beta testing certain hours of the day.
Will there only be 1 Beta server located in the US and European testers will be allowed to test on even number days and NA testers will be allowed to test on odd number days?

I honestly think that having two separate beta servers will be a bad idea.

Why can't they just have a normal beta test and allow in testers from all over the globe?

I hope they will clarify more on the topic of European vs NA beta.
08-05-2010, 07:15 PM
RE: What are your thoughts about beta?
Betas are already laggy due to them not being optimized yet so localized servers would help lessen that. Plus, like Vespers brought up, betas may be scheduled for certain times and dates which would conflict with different time zones.

Of course, I'd love to see everyone in the same beta as me... as long as it didn't lessen my chances of getting in.

++ Telara's #1 BFF
08-06-2010, 12:20 AM
From developers stand point, having separate beta for different continents could mean they are testing things other then server load for a international server if they go that route. When all betas begin you are working out the kinks and taking it nice and slow so you can progress to better stages. Having separate betas helps coordinate times better so you can get the maximum number of people playing the game an providing feedback.
08-06-2010, 11:43 PM
I think it will be one beta for a while, when ever that is, *crosses fingers*
then, as for US only im not sure actually

-i come home tomorrow

Adam Ogea "Oabe"
Site Administrator - Telara Central

Join us in the #Rift IRC channel!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Did you apply for beta? Ravel 6 198 08-17-2010 07:47 PM
Last Post: MattGraham